I recorded these videos in 2006-07 when cameras were expensive and not as good as they are today. The nice thing is that the fundamentals of music have not changed in all these years! In this series, you’ll learn essential chords, scales, and basic music theory. But it’s not just about knowing a bunch of chords. Here you’ll learn how to change from one chord to another chord clearly and on time. Want to play the blues and take a solo? How about accompany a singer through a jazz standard? Wait, what’s a 7th chord? And what exactly is the CAGED system?
Part Two of the The Guitar Lesson Companion, Volume One offers students a clear, progressive, guide to learning chords and scales, while learning some basic music theory. Whether you need a lot of structure (weekly lessons) or you want to study on your own with the 4 Year Weekly Guitar Lesson Guide, order your books and get started today!
PURCHASE AT YOUR LOCAL GUITAR SHOP, OR FOR THE SAME AMOUNT, GET THE METHOD BOOKS DELIVERED TO YOU!
(U.S. Domestic Addresses)
|The Guitar Lesson Companion, Volume One, Second Edition FREE SHIPPING!||Free with $40 Donation|
|The Guitar Lesson Companion, Volume Two FREE SHIPPING!||Free with $35 Donation|
|Both Book & CD Packages (Best Value) FREE SHIPPING!||Free with $70 Donation|
Retail Prices = Volume One: $40, Volume Two: $35 All books are mailed from the United States Post Office in a Priority Mailer, so most people receive their packages in 2-3 business days. You’ll receive an email when your donation has been processed and your package is on its way. Questions on International Donations? Email: LeadCatPress@gmail.com
7a) 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 Hammer-On and Pull-Off Exercises, Open Position Chords, Tab, Scales and Riffs = Pages 97-120: http://youtu.be/nLfbEz6zrNo
7b) Chord Jam Play-A-Long for Open Chords, Popular Chord Progressions, and Basic Strum Patterns = Pages 102-116: http://youtu.be/P5Rv9k-HKzM
8) 1-2, 2-3, and 2-4 Hammer-On and Pull-Off Exercises, The Chromatic Scale and Power Chords = Pages 121-124: http://youtu.be/jBwYlcbpdmk
9) 2-3-4-5-6 Barre Exercises, Major, Minor, Dominant 7th Chords = Pages 125-128: http://youtu.be/B3PbIiz8yQY
10) E Minor Pentatonic and C Major Scale Patterns = Pages 129-132: http://youtu.be/2O5z5_0s7yU
11) Major7, Minor 7 = Pages 133-134, 144, 146: http://youtu.be/azGPL5frhbA
12) Minor 7b5, Diminished, Dominant 9, Dominant 7b9 = Pages 135-137: http://youtu.be/DS_em-QSMy8
13) Pages 68-70 and 138-140 = Major Scale and Chord Theory: http://youtu.be/WYcvBicztGU
14) Pages 143-148 = The “C-A-G-E-D” System: http://youtu.be/gD_jYNSIc-Y
QUICK LINKS TO OTHER LESSONS: Technique Studies, Standard Music Notation, College Music Theory, Chord Tone Soloing, Advanced Chord Studies, Special Topic Lessons, Jam Tracks in All Keys, Metronome and Drum Tracks