CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING PATH: How Much Structure Do You Need?
Caution: No one follows this plan exactly, but everyone likes to see where they are and where they are headed.
Should you take guitar lessons while working through this material?
Guitar teachers who see you for weekly lessons will:
- Answer your questions as they come up so you don’t feel stuck
- Correct mistakes or issues you may not notice on your own, before they become bad habits
- Pace your assignments appropriately, allowing you to make consistent progress
- Hold you accountable to your assignments because you know you will be tested each week
- Apply the concepts and skills you are learning to the music you enjoy that is at your level
Taking periodic guitar lessons allows you to:
- Work at your own pace and within the limits of your busy schedule
- Let your curiosity drive your learning, so you will have more questions at each lesson which may make you feel like you are getting a better value for each lesson
- Feel more confident and prepared for each lesson that you do take, and even if you feel unprepared, you are ready for the guidance and structure to help you get back on track
Apply to Study with Susan Palmer via video assignments you send to my Secret Studio:
- This is a program I am developing so I can help more students learn this material as effectively as possible. Students will receive a checklist of material they will need to complete, record, and send to me using a secret link. I’ll then provide timely feedback and let the student know when it’s time to move on to the next lesson.
- I’m working out the logistics, but I imagine students will be able to sign up for an unlimited plan starting at about $100/month. If this is something that you would like to sign up for when it goes live, please email me: LeadCatPress@gmail.com